Our Work in the Pacific Northwest
Enterprise improves communities and people’s lives by making well-designed homes affordable and connected to resources. We bring together the national know-how, local partners, policy leadership and investments to advance our priorities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Supporting the development of affordable housing and education centers on under-utilized, tax-exempt sites
- Partnering in equitable, transit-oriented development along expanding public transit lines
- Improving health and services outcomes for low-income vulnerable residents in affordable housing communities
- Building sustainable housing organizations through technical assistance and grants
- Advocating for policy and raising public awareness to support affordable housing and community development
Enterprise has invested more than $1.2 billion in Washington and Oregon to build or preserve 25,000 affordable homes in urban and rural communities, and has created programs that connect residents to education, health care and transit.
- Launched the Home and Hope initiative to advance the development of affordable housing and early childhood education centers on underutilized, tax-exempt sites owned by public agencies and nonprofits in King County, Washington.
- Created the Regional Equitable Development Initiative Fund in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties in Washington, providing $21 million in early low-interest financing to acquire property in transit-accessible areas to preserve and create affordable housing
- Started the Health and Housing Initiative to improve and document the link between housing with health care and its impact on vulnerable populations in Oregon
- Advanced affordable housing policy as advisors on key governmental boards, including the Washington State Affordable Housing Advisory Board, Seattle Mayor Ed Murray’s Housing Affordability and Livability Advisory Committee and the Seattle Housing Levy Oversight Committee