In Northern California, our team pairs programs and policies with financial tools to create and preserve affordable housing and advance solutions for keeping families with low incomes in their homes and in resource-rich communities for generations to come. We’ve helped create or preserve over 30,000 affordable homes by leveraging over $2.6 billion in capital across the region.
Some of our key programs include:
- Building Sustainable Communities: Advances climate equity through green housing development connected to sustainable transportation, which includes Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities technical assistance and Community Powered Resilience
- Bay Area Housing Finance Authority: Positions the nine-county region for long-term transformation with resources to preserve and produce affordable homes and provide tenant protections
- Central Valley Housing Initiatives: Creates policy solutions to produce and preserve affordable housing and provide tenant protection
- Homekey: Supports a statewide program to buy and rehab hotels and other properties to convert into supportive housing for people experiencing homelessness
- HOPE SF: Revitalizes public housing without resident displacement and creates inclusive, mixed-income communities
- Preservation: Prevents resident displacement and stabilizes communities by creating effective tools and policies to acquire and rehabilitate unsubsidized affordable housing