At a time when a quarter of all renters – 11 million Americans – spend more than half their income on rent, we can’t risk losing more affordable and workforce homes to market-rate investors.
Working together with investors and developers, we preserve and improve affordable and workforce homes to keep rents affordable. We do it so that families aren’t pushed out of their communities – from their schools, jobs and doctors – the very life they’ve built.
|Investment Discipline||Social Impact|
- Preservation: Keep well-located homes affordable and well maintained
- Green: Implement low-cost, high-impact energy-efficient retrofits
- Upward Mobility: Provide resident services and create more inclusive models of real estate investing where residents build wealth alongside investors
- Health: Collaborate with health care providers to promote health and wellbeing
- Racial Equity: Partner with Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and other housing providers who have been historically marginalized