A country where home and community are steppingstones to more.
Who We Are
Enterprise is the only national nonprofit that addresses America’s affordable housing crisis from every angle, combining 40 years of experience, thousands of partners and the expertise of over 1,100 employees nationwide.
What We Do
- We develop and deploy programs and support community organizations on the ground.
- We advocate for nonpartisan policy at every level of government.
- We invest capital to build and preserve rental homes people can afford.
- And we own and operate 13,000 affordable homes and provide resident services for 22,000 people.
All so that people not only make rent, they build futures.
To make home and community places of pride, power and belonging, and platforms for resilience and upward mobility for all.
How We're Organized
To achieve these goals, we operate across three divisions – Solutions, Capital and Communities – that unify and leverage a family of companies together to execute our work:
- Our Solutions division operates a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with 11 offices in cities across the country, and with program, policy, advisory and capacity-building arms at the national, state and local level.
- Our Capital division comprises several subsidiaries: a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that invests a range of tax credits and equity; a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is one of the country’s largest publicly-rated Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI); and a controlling interest in Bellwether Enterprise, a national mortgage lender.
- Our Communities division operates a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is the nation’s fifth-largest affordable housing nonprofit developer, owner, operator and provider of resident services.
With this end-to-end approach, 40 years of experience and thousands of local partners, Enterprise has built and preserved 662,000 affordable homes, invested $53 billion in communities and changed millions of lives.