We're accepting Southeast Rural Rental Preservation Academy applications from organizations to form a technical assistance cohort.
This series of no-cost training and peer learning sessions is designed to help rural housing providers and nonprofits acquire and/or preserve USDA Rural Development, HUD 811 and 202, LIHTC and other subsidized and affordable housing in rural Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi.
You must be working in this area or planning to work in this area to apply.
We'll select up to 15 organizations for the Academy. In addition to training, cohort members will receive no-cost, targeted, one-on-one technical assistance to support rural preservation efforts.
Assistance will be tailored to the needs of the recipient based on their goals.
Examples of potential technical assistance include:
- Identification of properties, counties and communities to target preservation efforts
- Development of a basic rent/market analysis for projects selected
- Discussion and presentation of various options to successfully make an offer to the seller, secure funding for the purchase and pursue any additional funding and approval needed
- Development of an approach to due diligence including a project walk through, a data requests, and an initial exploration of funding needs and option
- Assistance in additional efforts to obtain funding and approvals
Applications must be received no later than February 11, 2022.
Contact Adrienne Norwood with any questions or for more information.
At Enterprise, we believe that opportunity begins when people have a safe, healthy, and affordable place to call home. One of America’s original social enterprises, we bring together the people and resources to create affordable housing in strong neighborhoods.