Innovating Together to Respond, Stabilize and Recover
Our President and CEO Priscilla Almodovar and Solutions President Jacqueline Waggoner recently hosted a virtual event titled ”Innovative Partnerships for Affordable Housing: Working Together to Respond, Stabilize and Recover."
The session featured a recorded keynote address from Secretary Marcia L. Fudge of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and a live conversation with local leaders and HUD officials.
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot – Chicago
- Mayor Michael B. Hancock – Denver
- Mayor Robyn Tannehill – Oxford, Miss.
- Chairwoman Robin Puanani Danner of the Sovereign Council of Hawaiian Homestead Associations
- Jose “Che” Ramirez, Deputy Mayor, City Homeless Initiatives – Los Angeles
- Arthur Jemison, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Community Planning and Development
- Dominique Blom, General Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing
- Peggy Bailey, Senior Advisor on Rental Assistance, Office of the Secretary
Panelists discussed the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on housing affordability and highlighted efforts to respond to the crisis, stabilize households and ensure the long-term equitable recovery of our communities.