Enterprise Housing Credit Investments
Enterprise Housing Credit Investments (EHCI) is Enterprise’s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (Housing Credit, or LIHTC) syndication business. EHCI is one of the leading Housing Credit equity providers in the country. Since 1986, we have deployed more than $14 billion of Housing Credit equity into 2,350 developments, creating or preserving more than 158,000 affordable homes.
We partner with investors and developers nationwide to build and preserve well-designed affordable housing.
- EHCI invests more than $800 million annually in Housing Credit (LIHTC) equity.
- Our asset management group oversees a current portfolio (net of dispositions) of $10.9 billion, comprising more than 1,400 developments and 106,100 affordable homes.
- EHCI has a national reach, having invested in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Our senior management team has more than 20 years of experience on average.
How We’re Different – And Effective
EHCI’s 150-person team understands the power of the Housing Credit (LIHTC) to create opportunity for low- and moderate-income people. By providing best-in-class service to our investor and developer partners, EHCI works toward the day when everyone has access to a well-designed affordable home in a community connected to opportunity.
How We Work
The EHCI team works with strong nonprofit and for-profit sponsors to create well-designed affordable homes. We manage equity funds on behalf of institutional investors while identifying, structuring, underwriting and closing investments. EHCI protects these investments and ensures the long-term success of the rental communities through an experienced asset management team.
We partner with many of the top banks and corporations in the country to raise much-needed capital for affordable housing. Enterprise’s fund portfolio consists of $10.9 billion under management in 92 national multi-investor and single-investor funds.
- Local delivery: Our Housing Credit Acquisitions group, located across the country, has national reach.
- Experience: We have a proven track record of acquiring and structuring Housing Credit investments to optimize benefits for developers and investors.
- Underwriting strength: We manage a solid portfolio as we seek to make each transaction work at the deal level, including identifying and managing risk.
- Mission-driven: EHCI focuses on deals sponsored by mission-driven for-profit and nonprofit developers and that serve people with the highest needs in underserved communities.
Credit and Technical Services
Enterprise is committed to investing in high-quality affordable housing that supports community development efforts. Our hands-on credit and technical expertise supports Enterprise’s real estate credit standards and risk management, and ensures that Housing Credit (LIHTC) transactions are structured to deliver projected long-term benefits.
Through regular physical inspections, review of leasing procedures and file maintenance, operating and financial reviews, EHCI works with sponsors to enhance operations and assure sound project performance. As properties reach Year 15, the end of the compliance period, Enterprise works with investor and developer partners to identify and implement successful disposition strategies which prioritize long-term viability and affordability of Housing Credit assets.
EHCI remains a national leader in socially-driven capital investment, matching investors with opportunities to yield economic returns alongside intentional and measurable impact for communities through the Housing Credit (LIHTC). Partner with us.