Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and other historically marginalized (OHM) real estate developers working in one of the following regions are invited to apply for organizational capacity building and project-related funds from Enterprise through a $5 million grant from the Amazon Housing Equity Fund (HEF):
- Arlington, Virginia region
- Nashville, Tennessee region
- Washington State’s Puget Sound region
Together, we’re reshaping the affordable housing industry to better reflect the communities we serve. To create a more sustainable ecosystem of affordable homes, Enterprise is supporting the capacity growth of BIPOC and OHM developers to compete in the real estate development arena in a more equitable manner.
In 2020, we launched Equitable Path Forward (EPF), a five-year, $3.5 billion nationwide initiative to help dismantle the deeply-rooted legacy of racism in housing – from the types of homes that are built, where they’re built, who builds them, and the wealth that is generated from them.
Through the Equitable Development Program, Enterprise will be awarding three types of funding:
- Capacity Building Grants of up to $200,000
- Tier 1 Predevelopment Grants of up to $50,000
- Tier 2 Predevelopment Recoverable Grant of up to $300,000
Applicants that meet eligibility criteria may choose to apply for a single funding type, OR may request to combine a capacity building grant with either a Tier 1 Predevelopment Grant or a Tier 2 Predevelopment Recoverable Grant.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Review the Program Materials.
- Step 2: Complete intake form below.
- Step 3: The Form Submission confirmation will provide the Narrative Template and Workbook for you to download and complete.
- Step 4: Once you submit your intake form, you will receive an email from the program team with instructions on how to upload your Narrative Template, Workbook and other required documentation.
Equitable Development Intake Form
If you have questions about the application or its submission, please contact Monica Warren-Jones.