At Enterprise Community Development, we believe that every home should connect its residents to opportunity, like after-school programs; professional development workshops; reliable access to healthcare; or a place to age in dignity, with companionship. That’s why we’re committed to:
- Making well-designed homes affordable regardless of zip code
- Providing experienced property management invested in our residents' wellbeing
- Connecting our residents to the people and resources that help them grow and succeed
Who We Are
Leveraging a full range of sophisticated financing solutions, including Low-Income Tax Credits, tax-exempt bonds and HUD Section 8, we have the creative expertise to structure some of the most complex, multi-layered financing deals in the industry.
Simply put, Enterprise Community Development sets the standard for community planning, affordable housing and resident engagement.
- 21,000+ families
- 16,000+ homes
- 100+ communities across the Mid-Atlantic
From Southern Pennsylvania to Virginia, Enterprise Community Development creates well-designed homes connected to opportunity. We build, improve and preserve well-designed homes, including: affordable, senior, workforce, mixed-income and mixed-use communities.
R home, Enterprise’s property management arm, provides exceptional customer service to senior and family living communities. A leader in the affordable housing industry throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, R home manages more than 80 apartment communities. R home is committed to improving the quality of life for residents, while ensuring each of our communities meets the highest standards in the industry.
We also connect residents to service providers through a first-of-its-kind digital platform: Rezility. Developed and incubated by Enterprise, the platform includes a free personalized app that links residents to services, events and programs within their community while enabling service providers to increase the impact and efficiency of their outreach efforts.
With over $1 billion in investments, Enterprise Community Development works with partners, donors and volunteers to bring more opportunity to the doorsteps of people across the Mid-Atlantic. Support our work.
Formed through the combination of Enterprise Homes, Inc., and Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC), Enterprise Community Development is building on the proud legacies of both organizations to create one of the country’s most impactful affordable housing developers. By combining resources, Enterprise Community Development is able build and preserve even more affordable homes while developing and deploying the next generation of resident engagement services.
Enterprise Homes, Inc.
Over more than three decades, Enterprise Homes, Inc. earned an unparalleled reputation for creating thoughtfully planned communities that delivered exceptional value and quality of life. Enterprise Homes developed and/or owned nearly 11,800 homes throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and leaves behind a reputation for:
- New construction and preservation of well-designed affordable homes tailored to the unique needs and assets of the community.
- Commitment to the financial success of each development and to a “second bottom line” – measured by accessibility to households of different incomes, resident satisfaction, and overall livability.
- Uncompromising attention to design – especially of integrity of form and function unique to each community and its residents.
Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC)
Community Preservation Development Corporation created quality affordable homes serving more than 10,000 residents in the Mid-Atlantic. With more than 25 years’ experience, CPDC was dedicated to providing quality affordable homes and residential services for low- and moderate-income individuals and families, leaving behind a reputation for:
- Community investing, including the acquisition and transformation of properties in areas of all income levels; promoting civic engagement; and building a shared sense of community.
- A focus on sustainable design, including adherence to green industry standards and resources like smart water heaters; Energy Star-certified appliances; high-efficiency HVAC systems; recycling; water conservation educational programs, and more.
- An undeviating commitment to residents – who often shared in the creation of programs and services that supported their communities.