What is Keep Safe Florida?
Keep Safe Florida is a comprehensive technical support system created to help affordable housing owners in the Miami, Orlando and Tampa regions with the tools and resources to assess and address threats from climate change and natural disasters.
Keep Safe Florida helps you:
- Set Your Priorities: Analyze your risks and identify the most and least resilient properties in your portfolio
- Assess Your Building Climate Risks: Evaluate specific needs of your properties and identify resilience strategies at the building level
- Act and Fund: Access information for affordable owners and portfolio managers about available financial resources as they work to secure capital to implement relevant resilience strategies
- Learn from Your Peers: Join a learning collaborative with owners across Florida to address mutual needs regarding climate risk. Participants will access training and technical assistance in completing building assessments and applying results
Select one of two options to participate in Keep Safe Florida:
- Do It Yourself: Access tools, online guides and recorded trainings independently to assess your buildings risk. Portfolio Protect and Building Protect Assessments will be completed independently, within four weeks of enrollment.
- Keep Safe Learning Collaborative: Join a learning collaboration of owners across Florida to address mutual needs regarding climate risk. Participants will engage in three training sessions over eight weeks and will access technical assistance in completing building assessments and applying results. Please note that participants will be required to attend all three training sessions.