Open to Houses of Worship of all kinds based in Atlanta (Vine City/English Avenue - defined geographically in this document) and South Florida (see specifics below), this cohort will utilize live trainings, online tools, and case studies on the development process to help navigate the development process and to advance development projects in their respective communities.
Enterprise is bringing the Faith-Based Development Initiative (FBDI) Technical Assistance cohort program to Atlanta and South Florida. The FBDI TA cohorts are a series of no-cost training and peer learning sessions designed to help houses of worship (HOWs) understand and navigate the development process. Training sessions will be open to HOWs in Atlanta’s English Avenue and Vine City neighborhoods (defined geographically in this document) and in certain South Florida areas, interested in learning how to utilize land that they either own or plan to acquire for the purpose of building affordable housing and/or community serving facilities. The FBDI TA cohort participants will gain a solid understanding of the development process from visioning to partnership, construction, grand opening, and operations. Enterprise will bring in experts and practitioners that have proven success in developing affordable housing and are thinking outside the box when it comes to funding to help deliver the training sessions. Training sessions will be held with a combination of both in-person and virtually.
Through this call for applications, Enterprise is accepting applications from faith-based organizations to form a cohort of participants in the Faith-Based Development Initiative Technical Assistance Cohort. Up to 10 houses of worship (Atlanta’s English Avenue/Vine City Neighborhoods – 2 and South Florida - 8) will be selected as members of the FBDI TA cohort. In addition to the delivery of the trainings, cohort members will receive no-cost, targeted, one-on-one technical assistance to support individual development efforts. The assistance will be tailored to the needs of the house of worship based on what their goals are and the support they identify in being critical to move their project forward.
- Atlanta Metro: Houses of Worship located in Atlanta’s English Avenue and Vine City Neighborhoods (see interactive map within the RFA).
- South Florida: Houses of Worship located in Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe counties
Important Dates and Information
- RFP Opens: August 7, 2023
- FBDI Technical Assistance Cohorts Request for Applications - Pre-submission Webinar: August 22, 2023 - View the Recording
- Proposals Due: September 22, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. ET via SlideRoom. Read the SlideRoom User Guide.
- Award Notification: October 16, 2023
- Cohort Training Begins: Week of October 31, 2023