Culture and Creativity at Enterprise
Integrating culture and creativity into places and processes is a key strategy to build communities that are connected to opportunity and that support residents’ long-term wellbeing and success. At Enterprise we seek to support community development and housing initiatives that leverage arts, culture and creativity to achieve social, economic, environmental, and health outcomes. These include:
- Climate & Cultural Resilience: Efforts to build the social fabric that makes communities more resilient to shocks and stresses resulting from climate change.
- Collaborative Action: Creative, culturally expressive processes that lead to a built environment that honors community identity.
- Creative Economy: Efforts to create or expand creative industries, including visual and performing arts, arts education, food or other creative businesses.
We invest in culture and creativity in a number of ways including grants, loans, convenings, training, and research.
Community-Based Collaborative Action Grants
Enterprise provides $5,000 grants for organizations to host a Collaborative Action. By design, Collaborative Actions allow conversations to emerge that shape the community and social context, and catalyze positive dynamics. These actions may be permanent or temporary, tangible or intangible, and may include creative placemaking, mapping, art installations or community events. They are typically small-scale, low-cost, and short in duration, but often fit into a larger community effort.
Round 1 Schedule
- January 31, 2018: Request for Proposals Issued
- February 14, 2018: Webinar: Grant Overview and Stories (recording)
- March 9, 2018: Submissions Deadline
- Week of March 30, 2018: Grantees Notified
Round 2 Schedule
- March 12, 2018: Request for Proposals Issued
- March 22, 2018 at 2 p.m.: Webinar: Grant Overview and Stories
- April 30, 2018: Submissions Deadline
- Week of May 25, 2018: Grantees Notified
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Climate & Cultural Resilience Grants
Through our 2018 Section 4 RFP, Enterprise’s Climate & Cultural Resilience Grants will support organizations seeking to use the tools of creative placemaking in the context of a climate resilience project. Projects should identify a climate resilience challenge and propose a plan for building cultural resilience in the process of addressing that challenge. See our blog to learn more about how creative placemaking can be a tool for building Community Resilience.
Stay tuned for the full RFP on our Grants page in April 2018.
Contact National Initiatives
The National Initiatives team supports organizations across the country by providing technical assistance in our focus areas of building sustainable organizations, equitable transit-oriented development, design leadership, health and housing, and rural and Native American housing. Technical assistance engagements can vary in timeline, cost, and deliverables.
If you are interested in seeking technical assistance from the National Initiatives team, please submit a request for support. A member of the National Initiatives team will determine if our expertise and capacity aligns with your request and a member of the team will respond promptly.