In Tribal communities throughout California, there is a dire need for affordable housing. The California Tribal Housing Accelerator Academy is a new training series of practitioner-driven housing development fundamentals, peer-to-peer support, and technical assistance to help in the creation of affordable homes.
Read the complete Request for Application for additional information.
About the California Tribal Housing Accelerator Academy
The California Tribal Housing Accelerator Academy is an opportunity for federally recognized Tribes, California heritage commission list tribes, Tribally Designated Housing Entities or Tribal Housing Authorities, and Native-led 501(c)(3) organizations. We will pair directed trainings and a development intensive peer cohort with technical assistance.
Funded by U.S. Bank, the academy will be comprised of five virtual and two in-person training sessions. Topics will be finalized after feedback from tribal housing providers, but a sample of topics could include:
- Kickoff and Identifying Your Community’s Greatest Housing Needs
- California Housing Resources
- Strategies for Building Capacity
- Pro-Formas and Financial Feasibility Analysis
- Leveraging State and Federal Resources
- State Funding and Compliance
Join the Academy’s Development Intensive Cohort
The California Tribal Housing Accelerator Academy seeks to create a Development Intensive Cohort of Tribes to foster peer-to-peer learning. For that purpose, we will review applications for clarity of housing and community development vision and need. Tribes working on an active application for a state resource will be given priority; however, all will be considered.
Enterprise plans to select six to eight organizations to join the development intensive cohort, benefits include:
- $10,000 grant to your Tribal organization to cover staff time for participation and travel to in-person sessions
- 5 virtual and 2 daylong in-person training sessions
- Up to 20 hours of direct technical assistance, with additional support available on an as-needed basis
How to Apply
- Review the Request for Application
- Applicants must register for a SlideRoom account and answer application questions here.
IMPORTANT: SlideRoom will automatically save the Applicant's work. That means that even if the Applicant loses internet connection or has computer problems, the work will still be saved. Applicants can also log in and out as many times as they need to complete their application. However, once an Applicant submits their proposal, they cannot go back to make any edits. Applications received outside of SlideRoom or after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Applications for the California Tribal Housing Accelerator Academy open February 7, 2024, and will close February 28, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.