Enterprise Community Partners has initiated a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process to qualify firms and consultants, also referred to here as contractors, to provide affordable housing providers in the Southern California market support on asset management related needs.
Through this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), we invite asset management experts, technical assistance providers, and/or consultants to submit qualifications that evidence sufficient ability to organize and deliver technical content on different asset management related and portfolio sustainability needs for multifamily, affordable housing. The goal of this work is to ensure these organizations have the information, practices, tools, and systems in place to manage their assets and emerge financially stronger and better able to carry out their missions. As we work across different communities, we are committed to prioritizing the staffing of programs with consultants that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Enterprise will make efforts to utilize and prioritize small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women’s business enterprises.
Summary of Work Requested
Technical assistance interventions will include both group trainings and individual, tailored engagements around unique topics. Due to the varying needs of affordable housing owner operators in Southern California, this RFQ is designed to solicit responses from multiple contractors to address these broad needs. However, contractors with the capacity to deliver group trainings and individual technical assistance are encouraged to submit qualifications for both types of engagements. Proposers should submit qualifications covering activities they are interested in working on.
Description of Services
The contractor will be responsible for developing session content and leading training sessions, including session presentations and discussions.
Overview of Group Training Topics:
- Year 15 Training, Part One – Introduction to Year 15 and preparing for exit.
- Year 15 Training, Part Two – Executing exit and navigating the post-exit landscape.
- Understanding Annual Financial Audits and Tax Returns – Provide guidance to CDC staff on how to use audits and tax returns as tools to their full extent and help identify what investors look for in audits.
- Asset Management Responsibilities Across the Organization – Ensure that all parties within an organization are familiar with their respective asset management responsibilities and understanding how asset management interplays with other organizational departments, including but not limited to the financial team, asset management team, senior leadership, and board members.
- Understanding Key Performance Metrics – Help participants understand the components of property and portfolio assessment management plans.
- Best Practices for Preventive Maintenance/Needs Assessment – Discuss the importance of being able to identify the physical needs of a project and preventative practices for proactive maintenance with a specific focus on how these skills help asset managers better establish metrics.
Individual Technical Assistance Engagements
Individual TA engagements will be informed by a paid initial assessment period facilitated by Enterprise where contractors meet with CDC representatives to learn more about their organization, discuss existing barriers, map asset management goals, and identify additional resources and tools to further refine the scope of technical assistance engagement. Following the initial assessment period, Enterprise and the contractor will meet to review the newly informed scope of work and discuss anticipated time spent on each engagement. One-on-one engagements with organizations are expected to span several weeks including the initial assessment period.
How to Apply
Interested parties may view the full RFP and terms and conditions here. Applicants must register for a SlideRoom account. Applications must be submitted through SlideRoom no later than April 7th, 2023.
Please contact Michael Claproth, Program Director of Sustainable Connected Communities at Enterprise with any questions regarding this opportunity.