- Creating a Healthy Home: A Field Guide for Clean-up of Flooded Homes - Publication
This illustrated, step-by-step instructional guide for do-it-yourselfers and contractors is part of an effort to prevent mold-related health problems, save damaged homes and speed the recovery throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- Measuring the Response to Hurricane Sandy: FEMA Assistance Analysis - Publication
This report includes initial analyses of demographic information from FEMA registrations and the impact of the storm surge on affordable housing in the region.
- Measuring the Response to Hurricane Sandy: FEMA Assistance Analysis for New Jersey and New York- Publication
In this data snapshot, we look more carefully at the areas that have experienced the most severe damage, and the extent to which households in those areas have requested and received assistance from FEMA.
- Measuring the Response to Sandy: Fall 2013 Update: FEMA Assistance Analysis - Publication
This research brief uses a dataset released by FEMA in August 2013 to examine the level of need and the response efforts in areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Resiliency Speakers Series: Disaster Recovery, Insurance Coverage and Building Resiliency - Webinar
How do we ensure that our insurance coverage is sufficient to protect our organizations, buildings and residents’ health in the event of a natural disaster and interruption in business activities?
- Resiliency Speakers Series: Flood Mitigation Solutions for Property Perimeters - Webinar
Our panelists discuss strategies and procedures for permanent and temporary flood mitigation, and green infrastructure solutions and provide a case study of one multifamily property’s flood protection strategy during Hurricane Sandy.
- Resiliency Speakers Series: Resident Engagement for Seniors During Disasters - Webinar
Panelists discuss how affordable multifamily housing providers that serve seniors can strengthen resident engagement and preparedness for their most vulnerable residents.
- Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Program
Learn about the Enterprise Hurricane Sandy Recovery and Rebuilding program, an ambitious three-year effort to upgrade and strengthen the region’s affordable housing, develop the disaster-preparedness of neighborhood-based organizations and support a more resilient civic infrastructure in highly vulnerable, low-income neighborhoods
- Resiliency Speakers Series: Building a Prepared Community through Resident Engagement: Voices from the Field - Webinar
- Resiliency Speakers Series: Envisioning Site Resilience in Campus Style Housing - Webinar
Hear best practice site planning and stormwater management strategies to increase the resilience of a campus style housing site.
- Katrina 10: Resilience on the Gulf Coast
Read about Enterprise's commitment to help rebuild homes and communities in the Gulf Coast devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
- Ready to Respond Tools for Resilience
Enterprise's Ready to Respond Tools for Resilience were developed to help affordable housing organizations make their buildings resilient, prepare their staff to handle emergencies and ensure their residents remain safe.
- Center for Disease Control Prevention Guide to Extreme Heat
This guide provides helpful tips, information and resources to help you stay safe in extreme summer heat.
- Disaster Preparedness at Home: Filter Out the Damage
Free guidance and instruction on preserving indoor air quality, in response to disaster-related power outages and environment contaminants.
- Disaster Prep and Self Storage - What You Need to Know
Get tips to help you pack and store your items to prevent damage as you prepare for a disaster.
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors and the Disabled
Learn how to create an emergency preparedness guide for a loved one who is a senior or has a disability.
- Disaster Safety for Renters
Here's what you need to know to keep your family and belongings safe.
- Make a Disaster Plan for Your Pets
Get information from the Humane Society about how to keep pets safe in natural disasters and everyday emergencies.
- Ready for Anything: First Aid for Pets
This handy checklist tells you all the supplies you should have on hand for pet first aid.
- Hurricane Sandy: Housing Needs One Year Later - Publication
This research brief summarizes early findings that measure the ongoing impact of Hurricane Sandy, one year after the storm made landfall.
- Enterprise Statement on Strengthening the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Fortifying the Nation’s Flood Vulnerable Affordable Multifamily Housing Stock
- Safer and Stronger Cities: Strategies for Advocating for Federal Resilience Policy
A report offering strategies for advocating for federal resilience policy, including explanations of the role of the Federal Government, listing of potential allies in advocating for the recommendations, and relevant examples of current or previous local, state, and federal actions.