Although Enterprise is not an endowed foundation, we make every effort to raise funds to support the work of our partners across the country. As resources allow, we offer grants to help strengthen community-based organizations.
HUD Section 4 Capacity Building Grants - Now Available
As part of our mission to create affordable housing and sustainable communities, Enterprise has announced the 2017 Request for Letters of Interest (LOI) for pass-through grant funding.
Applications are due by 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on May 31, 2017.
For detailed program information:
|View the RFP||Apply!|
Sign up to receive amended updates to this funding opportunity.
Grant funds are available only to Community Development Corporations (CDCs), Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs), and Native American organizations with a defined mission that includes affordable housing including Tribes, Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) or Tribal Housing Authorities (THAs). See [Appendix A] in the LOI to review eligibility requirements.
Watch our Section 4 Tutorial video on Grant Eligibility Requirements.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are required to submit an LOI Narrative (Exhibit A) via the LOI Online Submission Form.
- LOI Narrative – Applicants must download and use the template provided by Enterprise.
- LOI Online Submission Form – Answer all questions, upload LOI Narrative, and submit.
Please note that once the LOI Online Submission Form has been started, Applicants cannot save their responses or return to their applications at a later time. Enterprise encourages Applicants to review the LOI Online Submission Form questions prior to submitting an application.
Timeline: 2017 Section 4 Funding Opportunity
- LOI Release – May 1
- LOI applications due - May 31, 8:00 p.m. EDT
- Invitations to submit full applications – July 10
- Full applications due – August 7, 8:00 p.m. EDT
Section 4 Webinar Schedule
- LOI Webinar for Applicants
May 10, 2-3:30pm EST (11am-12:30pm PST)
- RFP Webinar for Applicants
July 14, 2-3:30pm EST (11am-12:30pm PST)
In addition, Enterprise market staff will host individual webinars to discuss their specific market and geographic priorities. Select the market you are interested in applying under for additional information:
Resource for Applicants & Grantees
- Full Application & Grant Award Requirements
- Letters of Interest FAQ
- LOI Submission Guide
- LOI presentation
- Eligibility Requirements
- Racial Equity webinar, worksheet and toolkit
- Enterprise Community Partners Grants Guide
- 2015 Green Communities Criteria
Questions? Please contact the grants team at email@example.com.