Enterprise believes in a holistic approach to sustainable housing and community development, starting with green building, continuing with green operations and property management, and improving community resiliency.
Our Enterprise Sustainability Exchange (ESE) builds the capacity of community development professionals to advance environmental sustainability and resiliency goals. The training program and the network of community development corporations (CDCs) focus on creating sustainable and resilient communities in greater Detroit.
Resiliency and Disaster Preparedness
November 13, 2018 – This workshop focused on developing disaster staffing plans to protect buildings, engage residents and continue business operations during disasters, especially flooding and power outages.
- Enterprise’s Ready to Respond Tools for Resilience
- Detroit Equitable Internet Initiative
- Ignored By Big Telecom, Detroit's Marginalized Communities Are Building Their Own Internet
- How a Surprising Partnership Will Result in Internet for Detroiters Lacking Access
HOPE Village Eco-District and LaSalle Eco-Demonstration
October 19, 2018 – Workshop participants learned about district-level approaches to sustainability and visited the HOPE Village Eco-District and the LaSalle House Eco-Demonstration.
- HOPE Village | Eco-District Tour Presentation
- HOPE Village | The LaSalle Eco-Demonstration Home
Energy Efficiency: Benchingmarking and Retrofits
September 25, 2018 – Led by EcoWorks, this session looked at how to benchmark energy usage as well as elements of project financing. Participants also learned about policy work being led by Michigan Energy Efficiency For All.
- Energy Star Certification Guide
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager Quick Start Guide
- Interactive Map for energy benchmarking data, programs and policies
- Michigan Energy Efficiency For All
- Michigan Energy Options
- Michigan Saves
Green Infrastructure Solutions
August 15, 2018 – This workshop examined green infrastructure solutions that CDCs can use to reduce storm water runoff as well as looked at common challenges to Detroit stormwater drainage policy.
- Detroit Future City | Land + Water WORKS
- Detroit Future City | Working with Lots Field Guide
- Detroit Water & Sewerage Department | WSD’s Drainage Charge overview
- Detroit Water & Sewerage Department | Green Credits
- Detroit Water & Sewerage Department | Capital Partnership Program
- Friends of the Rouge | Rain Gardens to the Rescue
Enterprise Green Communities
July 18, 2018 – This workshop focused on increasing local CDCs understanding on how to meet Green Communities Criteria, which is required as part of Michigan’s qualified allocation plans.
Introducing the Enterprise Sustainability Exchange Program
June 27, 2018 – This session introduced the Enterprise Sustainability Exchange program, discussed how to build community among community development corporations and identified potential policy challenges and priorities.