Tools to Engage Staff in Green Operations & Maintenance
These materials will help you teach various audiences how to integrate green and healthy practices into current operations and maintenance practices.
Manual & Maintenance Schedules
Manuals provide the backbone of a property’s maintenance program, reducing re-work, streamlining operations, and providing valuable assistance with staff on-boarding and training. These workbooks are aligned with the key principles of the 2015 Criteria and are designed to ensure that design and construction intentions are codified into operations and maintenance guidelines.
Designed for property owners, property managers, site supervisors, and others involved in building operations. These presentations and tools may be tailored to include local information and resources.
The Trainer Notes provide detailed instructions about how to use the slides, exercises, and videos provided as training resources. Sample completed exercises are included. Trainers are strongly encouraged to download and review this material before planning their first session.
Improvements for Operations & Maintenance: Slides
- Course Agenda
- Reasons to Explore Smoke Free Housing Factsheet
- Model IPM Contract Language
- Sample Green Unit Turnover And Property Inspection Checklist
- The National Center for Healthy Housing Ventilation Fact Sheets
- Sample Energy Audit
- Saving Water in Your Multifamily Building
Reference Materials: Reducing Energy
Reference Materials: Healthier Housing
- EPA Renovation & Repainting Small Entity Compliance Guide
- How to Control Pests Safely Factsheet
- What’s Working in Bed Bug Control
- Green and Healthy Resources Guide