Your June 2020 Top 5 Updates
News and public policy move quickly, and keeping you up to date is a top priority. Subscribe to News From Enterprise to have updates like this sent straight to your inbox.
1. Black Lives Matter: Enterprise Colleagues Reflect on This Moment
As our country cries out against the many forms of structural racism that we’ve witnessed and continue to witness, we invited colleagues across Enterprise to pause and share what’s in their hearts and on their minds. We hope these writings inspire and provide a way into dialogue, and ultimately action, for all of us here at Enterprise, in your communities and across our industry.
2. Enterprise Community Partners Names First Chief Operating Officer
Drew Warshaw will serve as the first Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the Enterprise family of companies. As COO, he will oversee the implementation of our forthcoming five-year strategic plan and leverage the full range of Enterprise’s capabilities in support of our mission. Enterprise CEO Priscilla Almodovar says of Drew, "He is fiercely committed to our mission and has all the tools to make a difference. We’re thrilled to have him."
3. Enterprise Green Communities Brings Design and Construction Solutions to the Covid-19 Crisis
The 2020 Enterprise Green Communities Criteria provides many opportunities for affordable housing professionals to play a critical role in influencing how our spaces can support health. Lauren Westmoreland has highlighted a few that are especially relevant to the Covid-19 pandemic, including accessing necessary services, creating healthy indoor environments and communicating and engaging with residents.
4. Rating Your Property's Climate Risk With the New Enterprise Portfolio Protect Tool
We developed the Enterprise Portfolio Protect Tool to help affordable housing owners, operators, developers and residents across the nation understand which properties are at highest risk from flooding, fire, earthquakes, rising sea levels and landslides. The tool provides a climate risk score so owners can identify buildings that are more vulnerable to climate change effects and natural hazards and prioritize their rehabilitation schedule to protect those buildings.
5. Get Ready to Meet Our $2 Million Grant Finalists
There’s a major milestone ahead for the Housing Affordability Breakthrough Challenge. On June 30, the challenge – administered by Enterprise with generous financial support from Wells Fargo – will announce the 15 finalists moving on to the challenge’s final round to pitch their idea before a panel of judges in late August. Visit HousingBreakthrough.org to learn more and subscribe to get the latest challenge news and announcements.
Plus, Our Upcoming and Recent Webinars and Online Events
We know that so many of the conferences on your calendar are now on hold. Check out our recent and upcoming webinars and virtual events.
- June 24: Navigating FEMA Programs and Resources During Declared Disasters
- June 25: Keeping Chicago's Immigrant Community Housed and Safe in a Time of Crisis
- Recording: Advancing Fair and Affordable Housing Opportunities Available to the LGBTQ+ Community
- Recording: Hurricane Season 2020: How to Mitigate Mold and Health-Related Hazards
- Recording: How Communities Can Use CDBG Funds to Address Covid-19
- Recording: Economic Resilience During Covid-19 and Beyond
- Recording: How to Keep Homes and Communities Safe From Earthquakes
- Recording: Covid-19: What's in the CARES Act, and What's Next
- Recording: USDA Rural Development Housing and 515 Transfers - Colorado Rural Housing Preservation Academy