Resources for Organizational Support During Disasters
As Northern California continues to experience severe wildfires, Enterprise stands with our partners serving communities on the frontlines. Our Democratizing Resilience and Disaster Recovery Initiative is building a series of resources, tools and guidance on a central website to ensure that future processes around disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery center the communities most impacted by natural hazard disasters. As we complete this website, we want to share some of the useful tools and resources.
Stay safe and hopeful.
Resources to Support Residents
- LISTOS California for All Toolkit, including multilingual Disaster Ready Guides, resources, and training aides
- Figuring our FEMA, Center for Urban Pedagogy and Pro Bono Net: Simple guide to help navigate the complicated process of receiving FEMA aid
- Information on Price Gouging, Tenants Together: Guidance on price gouging in disaster declared areas. Includes links to resources from the Attorney General’s office and sample letters for tenants to send their landlord
- Fannie Mae has several resources for homeowners and housing providers to navigate disaster relief and recovery.
Resources for Nonprofits
- Enterprise Ready to Respond Disaster Staffing Toolkit: Resource to help develop plans to protect buildings, engage residents, and keep organizations running in the face of disaster. Targeted to affordable housing providers, but relevant to all organizations.
- Portfolio Protect: Resource to help property owners identify their risk to climate hazards and prioritize buildings to protect.
- In the Eye of the Storm Toolkit, NAACP: Comprehensive resource with tools to help organizations throughout the disaster continuum, including preparedness, response, and recovery.