Covid-19 Resources: Chicago
Updated May 4, 2020
Enterprise’s Chicago team is compiling local, state and national Covid-19 tools and resources for low-income housing and service providers, nonprofits and residents. Our national Covid-19 response page is updated regularly with resources on the CARES Act, state and federal policy advocacy, Covid-19 data analysis and resources.
Local and State Resources
- Keeping Renters Housed During Crisis Webinar: Cohosted by Enterprise and the Metropolitan Planning Council, this discussion with an expert panel looks at what is currently in place and what else is needed to prevent widespread displacement.
- State of Illinois Covid-19 Response: This website serves as a clearinghouse with the latest news releases, programs and policies related to coronavirus
- Cook County Department of Public Health: The department’s Covid-19 information section is intended to be a ‘one-stop shop’ about Covid-19-related news and programs in Cook County
- City of Chicago Coronavirus Response Center: This website includes up-to-date comprehensive resources for residents, businesses, nonprofits and health professionals.
- Housing Action Illinois: Updated daily with local and state resources related to housing and homelessness.
- Illinois Housing Council Industry News
- The Preservation Compact - Coronavirus Resources for Illinois Owners & Tenants: CIC and The Preservation Compact are working to compile relevant resources that may be helpful to building owners and tenants during the Covid-19 health pandemic.
- Legal Aid Chicago Updates during Covid-19
- City Bureau Covid-19 Resource Finder: This site allows people access updated, verified information for Chicago and Cook County during the coronavirus pandemic
Financial Aid Resources for Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- SBA Funding Options in Response to Covid-19 through the CARES Act
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program: This loan is designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- CARES Act Loan Options for Nonprofits from the National Council of Nonprofits
Resources for CDCs, CHDOs, Owners and Managers of Affordable Housing
- Tips from Enterprise Community Partners on Maintaining Business Continuity During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Disaster Staffing Toolkit from Enterprise Community Partners
- Information for Residents in eight languages from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- National Housing Conference Covid-19 Housing Resource Center
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- Coronavirus Preparedness for Apartment Firms from the National Multifamily Housing Council
- Preventing the Spread of Covid-19 to support people experiencing homelessness from the CDC
- FEMA Guidelines on non-congregant sheltering in response to Covid-19
- Map showing which states have deemed construction and building essential services under stay-at-home orders from the National Association of Home Builders
Resources for Homeowners and Renters
- Understanding Relief for Homeowners and Renters Impacted by Covid-19
- The Eviction Lab at Princeton University Covid-19 Updates
- Multifamily Properties Subject to Federal Eviction Moratoriums
- Immediate Opportunities for Rural Development Customers Impacted by Covid-19 from USDA Rural Development
- HUD Issues New Cares Act Mortgage Payment Relief for FHA Single Family Homeowners
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Announcement that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will offer multifamily property owners mortgage forbearance with the condition that they suspend all evictions for renters unable to pay rent due to the impact of coronavirus