Terwilliger Family Foundation
Building communities we all want – for ourselves, for our families, for our neighbors and for future generations – means working together to address the challenges far too many people face. For more than a decade, the Terwilliger Family Foundation has been working with Enterprise to develop a diverse set of programmatic and policy solutions that produce and preserve quality, affordable homes, protect families from displacement and connect residents with supportive services. The Terwilliger Family Foundation has supported many components of our work over the years, including:
- Economic Mobility – Developing a national scaled network of partners and clear set of best practices and programmatic interventions that community development professionals could implement to improve resident outcomes.
- Resident Services – Piloting partnerships and program models to effectively serve residents living in affordable housing and share learnings across the community development sector.
- Policy Advocacy – Elevating housing affordability as part of the national dialogue by cultivating a large pool of national leaders as stronger housing champions; promoting the importance of affordable housing in national discourse; and establishing Enterprise as a valuable and trusted resource for policymakers.
- Programmatic Infrastructure – Enabling Enterprise to expand and systemize its national and market-based program development and implementation capabilities.
- Design – Providing tools, programs and research to support affordable developers in mastering their design process, allowing them to drive positive resident and community outcomes, solve increasingly complex development challenges, and control costs.
- Homelessness Support – Helping nonprofit partners in Atlanta place homeless people into permanent, stable housing.
- Disaster Recovery – Providing support to residents and affordable property owners in New York and New Jersey affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Enterprise has been able to leverage the support provided by the Terwilliger Family Foundation to secure additional resources and increase the scale of successful solutions. We are grateful for their longstanding commitment to addressing our nation’s affordable housing challenges and building better communities across the country.